In 2018 CMBM was engaged to manage the entirety of the maintenance, cleaning and compliance of a group of apartments in Brisbane’s inner South West.
The grounds include over 50 accommodation units set amongst 2 high-rise towers, with recreational facilities that include a gym, pool, lawns, tennis court and BBQ area.
Building management for large complexes mean growing costs
The Body Corporate Committee were finding that their overhead costs were increasing due to increased maintenance and administration requirements, ongoing contractor issues and limited resources for compliance management.
The apartment complex’s upkeep was struggling as each repair or maintenance took a heavy toll on administration, requiring a separate contractor specialising in each area. In addition to comparing quotes and ensuring compliance, the administration also included managing the contractor, supervising attendance and ensuring work is carried out to the utmost standard.
Maintaining the apartment complex and grounds meant liaising with cleaners, landscapers, maintenance and repair personnel, pressure washing specialists, refrigeration specialists, pool cleaners, plumbers, electricians…and more.
How CMBM were able to assist whilst reducing costs for the building
CMBM was initially contracted to maintain the grounds for the complex, however, soon began managing the contracting, compliance & WHSE and reporting side of things as well.
This full-service solution worked well as CMBM were able to provide both the cleaning, grounds maintenance and repairs for the complex, in addition to having a dedicated Site Manager managing the external suppliers and ensuring legal compliance.
With this solution, the Body Corporate saw a reduction in overhead and reactive maintenance costs and administration requirements, whilst benefiting from a complete facilities management solution that guarantees preventative maintenance, building upkeep, compliance and reporting processes. The Body Corporate now only need to deal with a dedicated Site Manager and are invoiced from one company.
Is Facilities Management right for your building?
This full-service facilities management solution can provide Body Corporates with:
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of general areas such as recreational areas, BBQ, pool, toilets and sauna room, and associated facilities
- Lawn, garden and landscaping of the property (including rubbish disposal)
- Contractor, mover and repair management, including onsite supervision and adherence to compliance and regulations
- 24/7 Helpdesk for emergency or storm repairs
- Workplace Health & Safety management, including security, emergency evacuation procedures, fire safety and signage management
- Regular reporting and documentation on infrastructure, financial, safety and administrative matters
- Minimised risk under Workplace Health & Safety laws by providing properly certified, accredited and insured trades
- Reduction in overhead and administration costs by combining all areas under one source
- Minimised repair issues due to proper preventative maintenance
CMBM are an ABMA accredited organisation, adhering to the national building management standards set by the Australian Building Management Accreditation. We are also ISO Certified in Quality, Safety and Environmental management systems against the latest ISO 2015 Standard, ensuring the services we deliver are quality assured, safe, and environmentally conscious.
If you would like to find out more on how CMBM Facility Services can help you reduce costs and improve efficiencies for your building, contact us on 1800 26 26 37 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get more news articles like this
Like what you’re reading here? Follow our blog and you’ll get interesting and informative news articles like this one delivered direct to your inbox.