As the BSCAA Excellence Awards come upon us again this year, our Managing Director Mark Hohn reflects on the year that has been:
“For the past three years, CMBM have participated in the Building Service Contractors Association of Australia (BSCAA) QLD Excellence Awards. The awards are a great way to celebrate the outstanding achievements of individuals and teams within the Cleaning and Security Industries.
At CMBM we use this opportunity to highlight and acknowledge employees who have really lived our company values and accomplished extra special things in their roles.
The difficulty I have in picking only a few is a constant reminder of just how grateful I am for our dedicated team of CMBM employees.
The selection process takes me down memory lane. Damien and I started CMBM Facility Services in 2007 from a boardroom, and now are based in our spacious offices supporting over 200 employees from Eight Mile Plains. Our teams reach from far north Queensland to down south in the Gold Coast.
Not long after we commenced, we were joined by Jon Gatland, our Asset Maintenance Manager, and Michael Riley, Cleaning Operations Manager (South). Shane Brooks, Daniel Cann and Sonia Webby started not long after that. These people remain CMBM family today, continuing to live and breathe our values and support our growing employee count.
There have been incredible employees who have since moved on as well, however I remember them and appreciate their part in building who we are today.
I am proud of my team. We are continuing to kick goals and make a difference in the Queensland cleaning and building services industry every day.
Together, we have:
- Developed an outstanding and innovative in-house cleaning management system, Templa, thanks to our WHS Manager Ian Gardiner and Administration Manager, Savannah Murphy.
- Provided support and mentorship to our capability partner and Indigenous arm of CMBM, Multhana Property Services, who are experiencing their own success and growth.
- Created our own Learning Management System (LMS) which integrates with BSCAA courses and provides nationally accredited training.
- Developed onsite training facilities with nationally accredited traineeship pathways through TAFE Queensland, Axiom College and Busy to Work.
- Achieved our ISO accreditations in Safety (99.2%), Quality Management (100%) and Environmental Management (100%) and meet these objectives in day-to-day operations.
- Developed a Quality Management Control system (QMC2) which delivers scheduling, inspection updates and work orders that are accessible at any time by the client.
- Ensured highly effective injury management, with a 1.26% decrease in claims measured against WorkCover’s industry benchmark.
Our success comes down to one thing. Our people. Without doubt, our employees share our vision and drive to make CMBM great, for which I am truly thankful.”